
Some evenings when I don't get to run because of soccer or piano I do exercise videos. Everyone likes to join in so Dad got everyone their own weights. I must admit at times I like to do it alone it gets a little crowded but it is so cute! We WORKOUT! Speaking of working out it took me 12 months but I am finally back to my pre Nathan birth weight of 130 pounds. Yep I got to welcome back those size 6 jeans! Loosing it was hard, keeping it off may be harder! Wish me luck!

Caitlin has been practicing for her recital so far she told me she knows the end and she did a pli`a , (spelling?) ughh we have a long way to go in 6 weeks!

Everyone is waiting for the big bunny, Catlin has a bunny that plays here comes peter Cotton tail and she has a routine the preforms. It is a adorable!


This week at Nathans school the music teacher put on a 1st grade going green program. I contacted the teacher prior to the performance and helped her with the program so I felt like I made a difference, I hope! I try to get involved and help at Nathans school as much as I can unfortunately everything is always during Owens nap time but as Owen gets older and Caitlin enters kindergarten I hope to be able to help more.


Owen using a screw driver to fix his digger. This kid is all boy. Well since I opted out of Early Intervention I decided on Monday it was time. Time for me to get Owen talking! Now you all know patience is not one of my strong points so when I decided it was time to get him talking it was time. I contacted Nate's old feeding therapist and told her I wanted to increase his speech to twice a week and I wanted the best speech therapist in town. She works at the office were we are currently doing speech and had no idea we had been going since November. She has the same type A get it done personality and by the next afternoon Owen's speech was increased to twice a week and we have now welcomed Becky into our circle. Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet her because it was during my Environmental Science class and I was taking them to the beach that day. Carl was able to take him and things went very well. We saw immediate results! Owen has words now, not just sounds but real words, he is saying Two and Hi. He is also saying sounds like ewww, haa and baa. I know if you have a talking two year old you are thinking so what but trust me this is big and I think its a sign that we are on our way. We only have a few more weeks of soccer and we are going to try to keep up our regular routine and do speech twice a week so I wouldn't expect a blog post of more than once a week but I will try. Until then it is Owen time or as I like to call it Operation GOT (Get Owen Talking)! Finally we have a great therapist and we are seeing improvement and so its so much easier to work at home when you know what to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment