Wow I can't believe he will be three soon. He is potty trained now, he has accidents from time to time but he did really well with potty training . I am very happy to save $20.00 at the grocery store every week and he looks so cute in those little undies! We find him naked more as taking the clothes off is way easier then putting them back on . Oh and he is talking yes, I said it before but he is trying to use words to communicate most of the time. He calls everyone by name, Nate and Cait ,Daddy and Mommy, and Bim Bim. His favorite word is tun tun tun, which stands for gum. This kid is crazy over gum. He probably has about 40 words now. I think I am supposed to count, I will put that on my list of things for tomorrow. We are usually getting him to speech three times a week and I think that is our max. Its kind of weird I wonder what the future holds. I know I know doesn't everyone. Once Owen turns three in four months everything changes as far as insurance goes. Right now our insurance is covering his $270.00 a week of speech services. At three he will be tested for an IEP (Individualized education plan) and insurance may refuse to pay for services which are offered by the public school system. There are alot of unknowns but I do know that three years old is just too young for my baby to go to school. I know I know I dropped Nathan off at 2.5 at preschool and Caitlin at 3 for the same amount of time but its just different. He CAN'T TALK!!! Not to mention I always sent my kids to the fluffy preschools this is a entirely different world! When Nathan was in OT he got tested every six months for an IEP but always rocked it but still qualified for services so we got to continue. Unfortunately, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Owen will earn the IEP title and well I hope that I can keep his services the way we have it now at least until he is 4. If at 4 he still needs it then he could go to school which would mean he would really be 4.5 with the way his birthday falls and it would be the year before he starts school. OHhh I know can you believe I worry about all this! So anyway they are completing his re-evaluating at speech right now and so in the coming weeks we should know a bit more about how he is doing and where we stand. We are working on putting two words together.
He is fiercely independent and can get his own bedtime snack.
Hey Mom why are you taking a picture of me eating?
That lady is crazy!
So I was in the bathroom and found this stuff! Now this is fun!
Mom relax!
Look its all over the house! You left me alone while you took a shower, why do you do stuff like that. Will you ever learn!
No comments:
Post a Comment