Nathan attended his first sleep away camp last week. Camp Albermarle, it was only about 30 minutes away and I wasn't really worried about homesickness as Nathan doesn't have a problem with that. I was a bit worried about the eating part but it was a nut free camp so I told him he could eat anything. He had a blast, he loved it. I was worried all week as everyday had a heat advisory with the heat index between 100 and 110 but his camp and his cabin was right on the water, so he thankfully had an awesome breeze all week. Its funny but I had to do quite a bit of shopping I mean the camp was for 6th through 8th graders so deodorant had to be bought as well as no more kid shampoo, and kid toothpaste,... we switched to axe and mens shampoo! You know its funny he could have cared less, so and when he came home and I noticed I sent him with his shark pjs I said I am sorry Nathan I didn't get you more mature pjs ... his reply " Mom I was the boss in my shark pjs! HAHAHAHAAH Love that kid. So he said he ate quite a few salads for dinner but breakfast and lunch were fine. He had a blast sailing, swimming, climbing trees and doing the alpine tower, he even enjoyed all the bible study and like always can't wait until next year!!! Looks like we will be beans and rice this year!!!!! I have to say he had a great experience and I can tell he really grew as a person and that beats spending 500 on a stupid x box any day so here at the Priechenfried house we are busy making memories not stuff.... time to pack for our next adventure!!!!
Thats Nathan in the pool holding on to the side with the goggles on.
He really liked this.


No comments:
Post a Comment