Sunday, July 30, 2017

Good times, camps, beach , pool, read, read and more reading! repeat!!!!

We have been having a blast, its been a weird summer as I am always trying to fit time in to tutor Owen but make things exciting and fun. I can'believe I head back to work in 2 weeks and the kids in four. Owen has been in summer school for the last month and he has one week left. I am still tutoring him and he is doing great. I made a promise to myself and Owen that this summer we would try to close the gap between that has existed sine Kindergarten and I think we are doing great. I am happy with where we are with reading and math. I wish writing was coming along a little faster but given that we have really only been at it for 6 weeks he is making great progress so we will just keep going. Its really hard for me to get anything else done around the house because I spend about an 2 hours a day, 1 hour with just tutoring and then we spend two 30 minute time blocks reading or doing math games.  Its all worth it but I hope he can start school this year close or on grade level so I can relax a bit. Okay here are some pictures from all of our fun adventures.

There have been boat rides, 
 Beach trips
 Ali and Troy joined us for the fourth of  July
 Leos floating dock!
 Out on the boat with grandma and grandpa and Ali and Troy

 and peach cobbler oh my oh my I am still dreaming about it. SO SO good !!!!
 Fourth of July outfit!!!
 Love the outfit Owen
 Some DQ yummmy!!!!

 Water slides always a crowd pleaser!

No comments: