Flying kites with Mom and Dad
Nathan flying his kite.
Caitlin ready for school
The kids are ready for halloween.
Caitlin at the pumpkin patch.
Getting some pumpkins!
WOW What a week!
Just two weeks ago I was lying in bed at 2 am wondering how much longer it will take for Nathan to eat. Now I am sure for something else at some other time I will have these thoughts again. What did I do? What can I do? What did I do wrong? When when???? When can I just put a plate of food in front of him and have him eat it. It’s not hard we watch Caitlin do it every day. Yes, she is picky about some things but if you ask her to try things (well except apples) she will. Don’t get me wrong the kid has done amazing with the help of Leah and Heidi at feeding therapy. Almost every food they have introduced he has added to his diet. But lets face it after 3 ½ yrs I was ready for some real progress. I was ready to be done with feeding therapy. It frustrates me that it takes 6 weeks to get my kid to eat a hotdog. So anyway as I lay in bed I realized you know some people have real problems I need to just get over it, he is fine, he is not starving, he is happy; he eats so many fruits and veggies. At school he is served lunch everyday. On Monday morning he was sitting there eating ant sized bites of his breakfast and I told him like it was “ Nate you better eat you will be hungry today they are having PB & J for lunch” Sure enough when I picked him up I asked him the same question I ask everyday. “ Nate what did you eat for lunch?” He said “ Peanut Butter and Jelly” I almost had a heart attack. Tuesday was Mac and Cheese and sure enough he had all his Mac and Cheese, a bite of baked beans and green beans. On Wednesday it was Chicken nuggets, salad and oranges. On Thursday it was noodle soup, and he ate it!!!!!!!
To top it all of we went to therapy for his reevaluation on Wednesday and tasks that we were not able to do 6 months ago, like touching each finger to his thumb, holding a pencil correctly, writing with the same hand, drawing a cross, and buttoning three buttons. DONE NO PROBLEM!!!!!!!
We stopped on the way home from school yesterday I told him he could pick out any toy he wanted in the toy store, he got a matchbox car, it cost $1.00.
Oh man I am so proud of him, I am just so happy, he has no idea but me I have a huge smile on the inside. Last Thursday when he came downstairs at bedtime and told me he wanted to show me he could eat a banana, I was just so excited about opening that banana!!!!!!! I can’t thank Leah and Heidi for helping Nathan get to where he is today. We end with a quote from Nate " Dad I love Cheeseburgers"
2 comments:
YAY!!! Love that story, we still struggle with Caden sometimes and he is 5! It is SOOO nice though to be able to go to a party or family gathering and not worry about...oh geesh, there is NOTHING here he will eat. :( Good job mama!
I love your kid!!!!! :) Heidi
Post a Comment