He made us many nice ornaments!
Caitlin gives Lindsay her present. She found it at the dollar store it said "#1 Baby sitter" Oh she is the best without her where would I be. She really loves Owen now that's an awesome sitter!!!
As you can see from the title it was a week of cough, at one point as Carl and I lay in bed deciding which kid needed our assistance. Owen was croupee and Nathan was the usual I said it sounds like they are doing it in unison. Owen was pretending he was getting a breathing treatment. Too funny! He can't figure out what that loud machine does but since his brother needs it he must need it to!
Okay so am I am worried , nope not really I just want him to stop screaming and talk because it would make things easier and quieter around here. I realize he is the third child and a boy and in due time he may catch up on his own. Bottom line is at 2 Nate started preschool so I am looking at this like Owen's preschool. Once a week he gets to play with really really really cool toys. Oh man they have the best toys there, imagine every cool Fisher Price toy you played with as a child. Ms. Mary gives him her undivided attention and he seems to be responding. Not with words but he is starting to communicate. He says Hi and waves consistently now! We practice things like sitting in the waiting room in chairs on our bottom and holding hands in parking lots. It is a few hours of Owen time. Caitlin comes along but she is my helper! Oh did I mention there is an awesome new organic market right next to speech HAHAHAH! I am going to give this 6 months and see how it goes. If he consistently makes improvement we will stop , if not we will increase to twice a week.
Our goals in speech:
1) Owen to use 5 words to request wants or needs.
2) Owen to imitate at least 5 simple sounds (owl, ow, wee).
Okay so here we go lets hope we laugh about this in 6 months!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment