Sunday, February 12, 2012

One foot in front of the other!

We did pizza night on Friday night with Janelle and Jason . The kids love it when Bryn and Morgan sleep over! Waffles for breakfast!

Caitlin getting ready for school. She has decided to let her bangs grow out, wish us luck!









The kids watching t.v. before bed!






Watching the hermit crab!





Nathan lost his front tooth!


He is getting so tall!



Its been busy around here but nothing exciting. Its been feeling like winter here of course because soccer started last week. Oh how I hate to sit outside in the cold! Spring can you please hurry I am tired of waiting. Nathan lost his front tooth last weekend.. picture to follow! I meet Ali and Troy in Chapel Hill last weekend to visit Alice she has been sick lately and had a few really close calls but she is on the mend and I am counting the days until Friday so I can go visit again. Owen will finish his early intervention testing this week. I just keep hoping that he is just a late talker like all the stories I hear of kids who wait. Unfortunately, I have this gut instinct and 9 out 10 times its usually right. So I will go with my gut and get him all the help I can until we figure it out or he decides to talk. His speech therapist thinks it may be Speech Apraxia which is tough to hear but glass half full it could always be worse or we could be wrong! You really can't make a diagnosis until age three. He's got that smile that melts my heart and even though he is so much work he is awesome! Carl has been amazing this week mom got a little down about it all last week with speech, audiologist, early intervention I was tired and didn't really know if it was worth it, if we even needed it ugghhh but we have a plan and Carl took Owen to speech last Friday so mom could have a free morning. I cleaned the house and it was so much fun!!!! This week I will hit the dentist with Nathan and then the following week it will be Owen's 24 month appointment, and Caitlin's shots for kindergarten AHHHHHH and then Carl will head to New Bern with Owen for his last evaluation for early intervention. It makes me tired just thinking about it! Enjoy the pictures and stay tuned!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

I hope Owen's appt went well, prayers for your little guy! Millie has a dr appt tomorrow, and I think we might be heading to speech therapy for her as well (we did for both my boys too). She is 26 months and even though she say's A LOT we only understand about 25% of it. :( Good luck!