Monday, July 02, 2012

If I had a crystal ball!

There are days when I just wish I could have a crystal ball. Would you look into the future if you could? What if you could only look three times, when would you use your looks. That's the hardest part about kids, does this make a difference, does that really matter. Oh I would ask does all this speech therapy really matter. On Friday, I woke up and took Owen 30 minutes into Jacksonville for speech at 8:30 until 9 then drove to Havelock 1 hour in the other direction for speech with a  new speech therapist at 11:00 am. Sounds easy until you add two other kids, getting breakfast, dressed, out the door, pack lunch, grab the pool bag. Then we hit the pool for the rest of the afternoon , it was really fun.  There is good news Owen finally got in weekly with the good chic in Jacksonville starting July 23 and now turns out this other speech therapist in Havelock I just started taking him to is awesome. We have homework and lots of homework! In the past two weeks he has started really trying , repeating what we say and although he is still not using words to communicate I am sort of getting a feeling that it is coming. So today we have speech at 3 pm,45 minutes away, 30 minutes there, and 45 minutes back, speech again on Thursday and then again on Friday. It does take most of my free time, okay all of my free time and don't get me wrong I am doing it all this week but most of the time Lindsay is helping and Grandma is watching the other two when she can but oh if I only had that crystal ball. I know I know I thank my lucky stars every day that this is our only little glitch its really nothing well except for the fact that I spend most of my free days driving all over the world to get Owen to talk!!!! I sometimes think hey I have my Ph.D. , I can do this, hahahah but then we go to speech and realize that speech therapy is not my calling!!! So to all my friends out there who haven't heard from me in a while I am busy driving here there and everywhere!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salicylic acid is currently the only beta hydroxy acid used for skin exfoliation. Being an unknown artist, if you publicize your composition, without having a copyright or license for it, any second person can copy and present the same as his own creation. how do you set up a network. Many people, quite a few of them not even advanced in years, suffer from joint pain caused by the hard surfaces that our world is composed of these days. You can rely on us for complete call center outsourcing services., pcanywhere and vpn. What can you do while you are on the road to prevent them? free vpn login