Have I ever told you that therapy for my kids is just as much for me as it is for them. Had you told me before I had kids that I would take my kids to feeding therapy and speech therapy I would have told you that you were crazy! Speaking of crazy! Spending three years in feeding therapy and now well into speech I can find a good therapist. My theory is at the end of the day they have to be willing to talk to me about progress and relate to the fact that we have a problem no matter how big or small. It also helps when they give you some sort of indication that your not as crazy as your family probably thinks you are although I realize I am just as crazy as the next guy!
Anyway at the conclusion of speech today, Owen’s therapist
gave me a bit of a progress report, and he has only been seeing this one for
about a month. She is my second opinion, remember. She has been working on recognition,
imitation, and sounds with Owen and said he has made considerable
progress. I think she said he had three
words without being prompted and was able to imitate 10 words from his 20 word
review sheet. I asked her so do you think it’s just a delay. She said “Yes” and
then she mentioned that there was some oral motor issues and it’s just going to
take him longer than most kids but that she had every reason to think with
Owens recent progress that the road to communication will continue ! So here we
go we finally have two great speech therapists and we have regular appointments
and Owen seems to enjoy speech so with that I guess we did what we were
supposed to do this summer get Owen moving in the right direction. School
starts in three weeks and the crazy train will roll through. Next stop … potty training!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment