Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ready for school!

Well its almost over just three short days until Nathan and Caitlin go back to school. We went to back to school night last night. Nate and Cait have great teachers this year so I expect great things from them. Caitlin has Mrs. Salmons the same teacher Nathan had for kindergarten. I think they will be a great fit. I am sad about sending Caitlin to school she is so independent (hum where does she get that (mommy)), she also has this happiness that just fills her pores (hum where does she get that (daddy). I really don't think she will look back when I drop her off that first day,  no hesitation she will just jump in feet first and that will be it. Oh tears , when I dropped Nate off it was a totally different feeling he is a mommas boy and I know he always will be. Wherever Nathan is we have this connection that he knows mom will always be there if he needs anything. Caitlin on the other hand has never really needed anything, she just does it herself hahahah!  The only hesitation I have about Nate's teacher is he is a male (Mr. Reagle) and I strongly believe that women have better intuition about things like asthma attacks and allergies. The nurse at Nate's school is not full time so if there is a decision to be made it may be up to his teacher. Nathan is on daily asthma medication now in addition to his allergy medicine so I hope that the days of nebulizers and inhalers are over but we don't know yet until he gets into school and gets a few germs. Oh I do worry, will the teacher know if he is retracting , will Nathan ask for help (he never has) oh it happens so fast, it makes me so nervous. Lately, our local radio station has been doing public service announcements that latest is that a kid dies from asthma everyday in the U.S. blah blah blah scare the shit out of mom! I really liked the tanning bed and melanoma one from last month as I don't use tanning beds !!!!!! Like seriously people I have enough to worry about do you really have to scare me to death when I am just trying to listen to some music on the radio!!!  What if he is not feeling well and Lindsay doesn't notice and puts him on the bus and things head south at school.  I am mom this is my job! I talked to the nurse and his teacher they both know if there is anything anything at all I want him seen. I guess the hardest thing for me is will these people care I hope and pray they do but ohhh thats hard for me.  So I did it, all the forms are filled out, I have talked to his teacher and the nurse so why did I wake up at 4 am last night worrying about it ! Worrying about something that has not even happened yet, so here we go ready for the first day of school.  This mom thing is hard work but it is the best job in the world!
Okay well I guess I have worried about this long enough hum whats next.....................

No comments: