Sunday, January 27, 2013

Owen!

Well guess who is going to be Three next month wow can you believe. I can't really say that time has flown by hahaha no Owen I remember everything !!!! He is doing really good at speech, we are having conversations just now he came out and said MOMMY NO WORK! That is one of his favorites, he loves for everyone to be at home hanging out with him. His MLU (words per sentence) has really increased and usually has three words in a phrase more than not with some phrases having 5 or 6 words. He still talks like he thinks for example if the speech person shows him a picture of a a rope. He should say " Daddy ties up his boat with a rope" instead he  says " rope, tie, daddy boat, its really weird but I talked to his speech therapist and she said once we get him saying the sounds and words they will work on that. The brain is a weird weird thing, its amazing how we can make new organs and use stem cells but the brain is just such a complex system that we don't really understand. I guess I can put it on the blog because I put everything else on the blog, he's only three and there are studies which show how delays in speech then delay reading and other basic learning skills and I guess there is a part of me that knows I should be doing more. Its just so easy for Nathan and Caitlin. You should see Nathan's spelling words! I think they are so hard. This weeks words include university, international, continuous, interviewer, intervention, visualize, intermission. Nathan will not study and on Thursday will take the pretest and comes home with a 15/15 never even needing to take the test on Friday. Then there is Owen man he can ride a scooter and bike like I have never seen a 2 year old his gross motor skills are amazing but I have been trying to get him to count to 5 yes 5 for 6 months. Ughhh I sure hope I am wrong and I know every kid is different but , I also know my mom radar has been right about most things.  So here we go to speech and this week I am going to see about putting him in preschool two mornings a week in the fall. I should also start working with Owen when I sit at the table thinking about how awesome it is that Nathan and Caitlin don't need help with their homework! So all is well in the world, Owen is talking and all of us got sick this week except Nathan I know can you believe its like we all walked around holding our breath and Nathan's asthma is doing so well now that he has a new medicine. I checked him on Saturday and he blew 250 into the peak flow meter that is the target for kids his age, we are usually at 150-175!!!! Lets hope this keeps up although nothing brings bad luck like bragging on the blog
Here is Owen's monthly speech bill $550.00 a month, and we took a week off for Christmas  , WOW so glad we have good insurance!

No comments: