So here goes
Here is Owen's most recent evaluation received today
"So I wanted to share the most recent evaluation information I have with you. I completed an articulation evaluation and he continues to demonstrate errors for /l,r,ch,f,v,th,sh,z,k/ in at least one position at the single word level. These are all age-appropriate errors however and with these errors he scores within Normal Limits for a child his age. I also completed an oral motor screening. He continues to have difficulty with isolated tongue tip movements and in combining two movements. He earned a score of 32 and 33 is cut-off level for a 3 year old. I think some of his deficit was motivation as much as inability. I think he does have adequate oral motor skills for speech production. The final area I assessed was his spontaneous speech. He demonstrated a Mean Length of Utterance of 3.8 words which is typical of children 41 to 46 months of age. In December his MLU was 1.4 words so he has come a long way. He also was 92% intelligible and 75% intelligibility is expected for a 3 year old."
SO there you have it , Owen is talking age appropriately and so this summer we can spend everyday at the pool and beach instead of two days dragging everyone to speech YIPPEEEE , Happy Dance!
So Happy after I got this email we went out for a celebration ice cream trip to DQ which everyone enjoyed I also have so many pictures to download. We had a great weekend with Aunt Ali and Grandma, so tomorrow I will be updating the blog after our trip to speech! SO now that I can stop worrying about Owen and speech and I can switch my mom worry meter over to other things. Lets see tomorrow morning I am going to worry about Lindsay all day. She is giving her brother her kidney tomorrow. I explained to the kids that we wouldn't be seeing her for a few weeks and that mommy and grandma were going to hold down the fort. Caitlin asked what a kidney does, Owen explained that a kidney is a kitty cat and goes meow! We have really deep conversations around here!
Then there is Nate, ohhh Nate..... he was sick a few weeks ago and still hasn't regained his appetite you know its not like he ever had one. So now we are drinking Pedisure you know its 13.00 a 6 pack!!! We also have to take trips to DQ where I get the other kids small ice cream cones but get him a large and pray no one notices! I explain to them they must have made a mistake. Yes the ice cream cone below Owen has is a small!! You can imagine what the large looks like. So Nathan has been having allergy asthma problems, and he has been waking up early like before 6! So this week I will focus on Nathan and yes Caitlin she is fine, she is always fine! I got a letter from her teacher on Friday she is reading at a level N, I looked it up and that's the end of second grade hahahahaha!
Then there is Nate, ohhh Nate..... he was sick a few weeks ago and still hasn't regained his appetite you know its not like he ever had one. So now we are drinking Pedisure you know its 13.00 a 6 pack!!! We also have to take trips to DQ where I get the other kids small ice cream cones but get him a large and pray no one notices! I explain to them they must have made a mistake. Yes the ice cream cone below Owen has is a small!! You can imagine what the large looks like. So Nathan has been having allergy asthma problems, and he has been waking up early like before 6! So this week I will focus on Nathan and yes Caitlin she is fine, she is always fine! I got a letter from her teacher on Friday she is reading at a level N, I looked it up and that's the end of second grade hahahahaha!
No comments:
Post a Comment