Saturday, April 19, 2014

Oh Amy

Oh Amy.... that is what Alice would always say to me first when I presented her with my latest problem. Somehow it was never a problem anymore after I got off the phone with her. Yes I think that was one of her best by the way she had many bests. She could see the upside of anything, she could listen and she could advise and she always knew when to do both and just the right amount. She knew everything and she had experienced it all. She made me  a better person and most importantly she made you look outside of yourself. When I was a kid I played countless games of checkers with her. She never never let me win! She beat me every time. I even cried sometimes cause I wanted to beat her so bad and she still beat me. I can laugh about it now. As I laid with her  on Tuesday she smiled and said "I love you" when I asked her if she wanted to play one last game of checkers. I know right now she is still laughing at me sitting here crying as I type this saying Ohhhh Amy! So Alice thanks for all the great memories , for Alice soup, checkers, cheese and crackers, hours and hours of endless advice, for introducing me to radishes and rhubarb (I still love them), for all those times at the lake , I can still smell your kitchen, I miss the Smurf glasses, I can still see you doing crossword puzzles every day, I miss all your stuff it was just so fun! I like you, love to read the Washington Post and we have so much in common but we were so very different. You had an amazing life and you took it all in stride, I am not sure I will ever be as cool as you but I will keep trying. I will miss our phone conversations so much Alice. I love you with all my heart. You are with Bob now I know, rest in peace sweet Alice.
 You were a Radio City Rockette, that is so cool! 
 Alice with Owen
 Alice with Nathan
My two favorite dancers! I hope you follow in Alice's footsteps Caitlin!

No comments: