Sunday, April 27, 2014

Camp Out 2014!

If you remember back in October we tried camping out and we failed miserably! So this time we checked out the weather and there was a 100% chance of sunshine and 0% chance of rain! I told Carl this was our chance. He really wanted to go to Bear Island via boat but they were booked solid through May! I told him I knew just the place and it would take us 15 minutes via car and it would be cool. Not sure he was convinced but my husband is always game for an adventure and I rarely let him down so he did some reconnaissance  on Monday with Owen and picked us the perfect spot for our ten and I made the reservations and we told the kids we were going camping! They were so excited. Well camping was on Saturday night but at the last minute on Friday night we decided to join a few (20) friends out to celebrate a birthday and well we probably should have come home at a decent hour but come Saturday morning at 7 am we were awake barely and getting ready for our camping adventure ! Yes it was an adventure!
 Here we are ready for our adventure. Seth came along as well. Yes he has been on most of our adventures this is a neighborhood friend of Nate's great kid, mature, and keeps everyone happy! He seems to know when we are about to head out on an adventure I swear this kid can pack a bag and be back at our house in 15 seconds its hilarious! He really is no trouble and he keeps Nathan (the kid that needs a friend) very happy so its a win win.

 We headed out on a family kayak. It was windy and we had some tired kids after this paddle.

 Back at camp time for some Jiffy popcorn while I get dinner ready.
 Corn on the grill with hot dogs and sausage, baked beans, and macaroni and cheese for dinner!
The kids were hungry!

 After dinner time for a 1.6 mile hike!

 Owen finds the fattest mouse ever! It really was a mouse not a rat, its eating birdseed off the trail and its so fat it can hardly run. We now have obese mice in America! HAHAHAAHh
 Nate and Caitlin checking out the White Oak River.  I bring my class on this trail every semester but I think this was the kids first time.
 Seth is awesome for about half the trail he carried Owen on his back! He is so nice to Owen! Thanks Seth you rock! Oh might I add when he wasn't on Seth's shoulders he was on daddies!
 Caitlin cute girl!
 Father and son!
 After that hike it was smores time. After this I was exhausted ready for bed. I stayed up until 9:45 when Owen got sick and then I took Owen home, yes we only partly succeeded in having everyone camp out . Come on it wouldn't be vacation if someone wasn't sick. I took Owen home gave him a bath because the camp showers in the cold was a no go! We got in our warm beds and headed out at first light to meet the campers for breakfast!
 Hot chocolate, pancakes and sausage and Orange Juice!
 
 
 
 
 
Good Times!

No comments: