Saturday, May 03, 2014

You can't put this on facebook! And the new normal!


So here we are heading into May. May is the craziest month in our house, it beats December hands down. When May 1 rolls around I look at my calendar and thing ohhhh ..... there is no way I can do this,  but we did it last year and we will do it this year and it will be fun!! HAHAHAHH  My semester is winding down, this week is the last week and so that's crazy of course. This summer I will work part time again, I have been planning the kids summer schedule trying to balance fun with bored. All kids need bored but I want them to enjoy a few camps as well so I think I have a good mix set up. So lets see not many new pictures this week but I have a few more things to say. You know things you can't put on Facebook.
 Nathan got straight A''s for third semester in a row. Way to go Nathan. Nathan also tested in the AIG program which is the Academic , gifted program here in Onslow County. This has huge implications for his future. This opens so many doors he will be clustered with the all the AIG kids, he will be put into Advanced Placement classes and his sophomore year of high school he can transition to the community college and take classes for free which will transfer to his college of choice. Lets face it if your kids is awesome at soccer you can post any sports event on facebook and you get 1,000 likes but smart kids and good grades, you just got lucky! It couldn't have had anything to do with the hours and thousands of books you read to the kid before age1 ! Poor Owen hahaahhaha
 Nathan also picked up his Bear badge this week! Way to go Nathan!
In other not so good news! Skin cancer! ughhhh in the worst spot, unfortunately this will probably be the first of many BCC I will get in my lifetime but a wake up call none  the less, its always easy to say not me. Well until its you! I so wish it was in a different spot, the location really couldn't be any worse so after a week of debate, I think I am going a non surgical route in an 80% chance that I can cure it topically. So lets hope advances in modern medicine mean my body will respond well to the treatment and thank god for good health insurance. The medicine costs $1,000.00for one round of treatment! WOW!

No comments: