We all know that the word shy and Nathan do not go together. Nope my boy has no problems expressing himself. Last night I went to a parent, student meeting at Nathan's school. The teachers were showing us ways to teach our children to be better readers. The parents were sitting on the floor watching the teacher read the children a book. The teacher was giving us a little background before she started. Across the room Nate yells " I don't need any help!" " The book is called " I've seen Santa". He was right, it was so funny. He is doing really well reading.
Okay on to my story about oil.
Last week the teacher sends a note home that says : Ask Nathan to tell you the story about "oil" in Mr. Kings class. Hum, I thought .....
Background, we live in eastern North Carolina and some of the people have what they like to call a down east accent. It sort of brings southern twang to a new level. Carl goes out of his way to try to make sure Nathan and Caitlin do not develop this southern twang. Its going well with Nathan but not so good with Caitlin. Any way Carl is constantly correcting them.
So I said, Nathan tell me about oil in Mr. King's class. Nathan said Mr. King said oil.. pronounced "all" in these parts. Nathan says " I told him the correct way to say it is " oil". When I went to parent teacher night the teachers were still talking about it.
1 comment:
Too funny!
Post a Comment