
Owens favorite thing to do is play in the sink!

Look at the smile, but boy is he trouble! I still do not have a single word but we have seen some signs of improvement this week. Big things and I mean big, keep reading!

Well I can pour water on my head.. Okay just cause it was funny this isn't really improvement.

I started pointing to show dad I want more corn bread and more Miller Lite (just kidding about the Miller Lite). I have also started waving this week. I know most kids do this at like 6 months and well I am just taking my time. It is very very frustrating for mom and dad because I scream
alot and mom thinks I want to talk but I don't really make to many different sounds just grunt and
ahhhhhhhh. So yes, I am starting speech next week. I know I know everyone says I am fine and if one more person tells mom that Einstein didn't talk until he was five or something she will give you the bird! Spend a few frustrating days with
screamy and you will
understand why a little communication might be a good thing. Okay so its back to J.Z. Mann we go, it worked for Nathan. How is mom going to fit this into her schedule I am not really sure! Getting Nathan O.T. was awesome and well Nathan is awesome. He got his second report card yesterday and he continues to do great. He is above grade level in reading and writing and at grade level for math and
spelling. Oh and the other thing I started to do this week is point to my nose. I have been working with Owen to point to his nose, ears, eyese for well about a year and now finally he points to his nose and says honk!!!! It is kind of a nasal sound so its not a word , I mean why would he say honk right, thats a word and Owen doesn't say words!!!!!
I have not been posting as much as I usually do. Its just because we have been so busy. Soccer is almost over Caitlin is done and Nathan will finish up in two weeks. We had a germ come through the house and with three kids its always fun. Nathan got it first , then Owen, and now Caitlin. It hit both Nathan and Caitlin hard so looks like tonight will be another sleepless night but I got a great treat last night. Last night was the USMC ball. There is a ball for each unit and last night was Carl's unit. We had a great time and although we took the camera I didn't take a picture. Okay I guess I had a glass in my hand all night!!! Anyway I wish I had taken a picture because I was quite proud of how far I have come in the last 12 months. My dress from last year was size XL, not sure what size that is but I don't like that size. This year I was in a size 6 whoohooo! The ball was in Wilmington and and our room overlooked the river. We have stayed at the Hilton many times but this time we got lucky either that or rank is starting to work in our favor. Its kind of weird, I am so proud of Carl but as we move up in rank I am starting to feel old. Some of the Marines that work for Carl were born in 1992 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I was a junior in high school!!!!!! Okay enough of this I am not getting old.
No comments:
Post a Comment