Well I am so past due for a blog post, and oh poor Owen his back to school pictures sit waiting on my camera and well by the time I get home and get everyone settled my eyes are usually open for about 15 seconds but that is just the way life is these days. It is the weird weird thing , I must admit, and I guess I can write about it on the blog because its private now, its not out there for the world to see and someday my kids will read this so I will tell them what it's all about. Carl has been in command for a few months now, and for the most part things haven't changed to much for the kids as far as Dad goes, he is still gone when they wake in the morning and usually they always see him in the evening but he goes to work much earlier and he is usually working at home. Although he has started traveling more, I knew not even command could keep him in one spot. He's off for the week and been excitingly telling me his upcoming travel plans for the next two months .... uggghhh.. I have to admit I knew what was coming but until your living it, it just isn't real. Command only lasts for 2 years and there is a reason for that. My awesome husband also got it on the first look so my kids are young for daddy to have command and well that means is it's a little tough for us. We need babysitters and grandma's more than you know. It comes down to a scheduling nightmare most of the time. Then there is mom, Mom guilt is amazing. I love my job and I love working, I love being a mom , I love all my roles but I really identify with my profession and I want to have my cake and it too. Did I mention I am now the Chairman of Keep Onslow Beautiful..... I had to break that one softly to Carl . Now throw being the Commanders wife into the mix and I am not going to lie there are times when I feel like wow can I really do it? The type A personality in me loves the challenge but I have to admit I am feeling a little tired these days. Not to mention fat, man if I eat one more potluck anything I will be sick. I now know why USMC has group pt all the time, all these people do is eat. Don't get me wrong, none of this is bring brought on by Carl but his reverse psychology, oh honey you don't have to do this...... hahahah he's got me pegged !!!! So here we go we are well into Ballet ... oh I added the Nutrcracker to the mix in the summer before I knew what was about to hit me, there is gymnastics, Boyscouts and piano and Owen has started soccer. Its just awesome 4 year old soccer, once a week practice, games on Saturday ... not traveling he has had one practice and he loved it ...... ughhhhhhh is Owen gonna be my sports star.... I might just need to keep the nanny forever! SO there you have it add volunteer dinners, new spouses luncheon, command team meetings, spouse socials, Restoration Advisory Board, Keep Onslow Beautiful, and you have a mom who walks around thinking hum I sure hope no one is noticing what's going on here cause I think I might be actually pulling this off....
I haven't actually talked to a friend on the phone in a few months but ahhh things are going great. School is off to a good start, everyone is healthy and happy and if you need me, can someone find me cause I might be lost!!!
I hosted a social at our house on Wednesday evening. It was so much work getting my house ready and making everything from now on all socials are out in town. I am planning them now, so it was worth it but wow!!!! Glad I checked that box, grandma made the chocolate truffle things, I made everything else.
Last weekend Ali and Troy came for a quick visit, I almost told them not to because Carl was having a work dinner at our house but instead the girls ( Mom, Ali, mom and kids went out to dinner after I helped Carl make the lasagna and get the dinner ready) and then we took kids to see Dolphin Tale 2. The boys had dinner and drinks and lots of desserts left over from Wednesday and so it worked out great and I didn't have to go to my 4th yes 4th command function for the week!!!!!!
We hit the beach on Saturday while Carl was working the weather was perfect it was so relaxing it will be my happy place till next summer!!!!
The weather was awesome the beer was cold!
Little man's first soccer practice, Courtney (new nanny) took him because its on Tuesday evenings, she said he loved it. She also said he is good ugghhh uh ohhhhh ..... hahahah I would rather sit at soccer fields for the next 15 years then baseball,... time will tell hahahah
The are just so cute when they are 4! Game pics will follow!
No comments:
Post a Comment